Sunday, July 15, 2007

Everyday Shape Activity Set

Description: This activity set is designed for kindergarten age children to learn geometric shapes.

Review: We all know that our preschool age kids learn what a circle or a square are pretty quick. Most of them know that a ball is round or a circle and that their blocks are square in shape. But how often do we tell our children this is a cube, a cylinder or many of the other geometric shapes we come across everyday.

After thinking about this I started to look for something to help my children learn these shapes. I found the Everyday Shape Activity Set. This set includes 12 shapes and 16 activity cards. This set shows your child what a cone, sphere, pyramid, rectangle and more are. The activity cards are double sided and contain photographs of items to match the shapes.

The set is made of soft foam so you don’t have to worry about your child being hurt by sharp edges. The foam also keeps things quiet when they are playing with it.

This is a brightly colored set, which I found to help keep my child interested. The bright colors stood out and helped to identify the pieces. The pieces are also just the right size for little hands to hold and control.

I found the activity guide to be very helpful also. With the guide I could plan out things for my child to do and learn while all along she thought she was playing.

This is a good set that will help your child identify unknown shapes. It worked for my child and I’ll bet it will help yours too.

http://www.homeschoolingsupply.com/cgi-bin/affiliate/click.cgi?carrie&learning-resources/kindergarten-resources-ler0900.htm

No comments: